Data Loss Prevention Protect Overview
Trustwave Data Loss Prevention Protect defends against unauthorized data loss through e-mail messages and attachments. Automated and customizable actions allow for encryption, quarantining or blocking messages.
In addition, a sender can be alerted of a policy violation and provided a list of customizable remediation options and links to corporate policy through Trustwave E-mail Self-Compliance.
Data Loss Prevention Protect Defends Sensitive Data
Trustwave Data Loss Prevention Protect helped organizations to:
- Provide Proof Positive Evidence: Identified an employee sending customer files with account numbers and logon credential to a competitor via e-mail.
- Enforce Acceptable Business Practices: Ensured that confidential diagrams containing security specification of transmission substations were sent only to authorized recipients.
- Demonstrate Compliance: Automatically enforced encryption when employee 401K and payroll data is sent outside the company in accordance of HIPAA and State Data Privacy regulations.
- Defend Intellectual Property: Prevented leak of information related to a healthcare product recall to outside consulting firm, before the public release of a notification.
- Detect Acceptable Use Violations: Blocked an employee attempt at sending highlights of pending SEC filings which were viewed at a rogue copy machine and paraphrased into an e-mail.
Trustwave Data Loss Prevention Protect Benefits:
- Data detection with superior accuracy compared to approaches based only on keyword searches, fingerprinting and exact data matching techniques.
- Powerful Reviewer tools to support investigations with “proof positive” data that documents violations with image attachments.
- A full-featured MTA and interoperability with any SMTP-compliant e-mail gateway.
- Trustwave Risk policies or custom policies that be used to develop e-mail policies that control how information flows outside of the organization.
- Selective encryption of sensitive data at its point of creation or use, supported by any e-mail encryption solution.
- Flexible remediation actions that can be automated by policy type to block, quarantine or encrypt messages. Messages may also be released with notification sent to appropriate Reviewer.
- E-mail Self-Compliance sends message back to sender with a list of customizable remediation options and links to corporate policy for end user education.